Monday, March 6, 2017

Week in Review: Glam Pink Princess

Planning has really become my current creative outlet.  I've been into Erin Condren planners for a few years now but have finally reached planner peace with the Erin Condren Horizontal Neutral.  I've tried all three setups, the vertical layout, horizontal layout, and hourly layout.  The horizontal layout just works for me.  I would love to share my spreads each week, for the week before, to show everything fully completed and filled out, with much more detail than is shown in Instagram.

This last week, February 27th through March 5th, is a super girly planner week.  I got this kit from The Glam Planner on etsy and immediately used it.  It's a pink princess theme with accents of black in the dragons, crown, and castle.  It does have accents of red, a color that doesn't thrill me in the slightest, but pink definitely is the overwhelming force in this spread.


I stopped posting my filled out spreads on instagram for privacy reasons, but this way works much better.  This week wasn't too eventful, but we did travel up to Chicago over the weekend for the hubby's birthday.  We got to spend time with his family on Saturday and had a fun pizza party at this brother's. 


I like to think of each day in four sections, just like the vertical layout without the separation.  The left column is usually reserved for work and one really important thing going on in the day.  The second column is reserved for my to-do list.  I've really been drawn to simple checklists instead of the checklist boxes.  The third section is for appointments or other semi-big things going on during the day and the fourth section has the full boxes.


Clearly I like a good mix of white space although I've found that too much white space also bothers me....because that makes some kind of weird sense.  I'll usually fill out too much white space with decorate stickers if the day hasn't been too eventful.
Overall I really like the look of this spread.  I can't predict if I'll like the week until the end when everything is filled out.  Glam Planner kits are historically some of my favorite spreads, although she does seem to use alot of red in her stickers, especially in the monthly mystery kits. 

What was your planner theme for last week?  Did you like how it turned out?



1 comment: